Sunday, November 6, 2011

50 Festivals Challenge: #1 - 14th Adobo Festival in Silay

Silay City, Negros Occidental
November 5, 2011


I've heard of the Adobo Festival a few years back but it's just last Saturday that I was able to experience it.

     "Adobo is the name of a popular dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat or seafood marinated in a sauce of vinegar and garlic, browned in oil, and simmered in the marinade." - Wikipedia.org


I asked Jincky to have lunch at Balay Negrense where the festival was held since she's also from Silay. I arrived just in time for the judges to try the dishes prepared by different culinary schools. We had to exchange our cash with the money chits that the organizers prepared at the gate. We were also given Free Tasting tickets to experience the food created by the culinary students/chefs.











An array of Adobo inspired food were served for lunch aside from the food for prepared for tasting. We just had to choose. There were Puso ng Saging Adobo, Takway na Adobo, Adobong Tahong, Spicy Shrimp Adobo, and the chicken, and pork Adobo. 


We didn't have a hard to choosing what to eat since we were hungry!

With Patricia Monfort

Jincky and I

Since there were not a lot of tables to accommodate all the guests, we shared our table with a family of 8. I guess they were also from Silay since they knew some people who were there too.  I met Patricia Monfort in the event with Jakey. I also met Mrs. Villar. Ms. Maricar Dabao and Ms. Glady Tumolto were also present. 
I got a chance to have a photo op with Chef JP Anglo of Mushu who currently is one of the judges in Junior Masterchef Philippines. 

  with Chef JP Anglo

Mayor Oti Montelibano, the Mayor of the City also graced the occasion and passed by our table to ask us if we were enjoying.(In fact we were!) We can't but notice all of the wealthy men and women of Silay City  present to enjoy. 






hmmm... I am not sure what this is called...  



Mayor Oti Montelibano thanking everyone who came



This is my first entry for my 50 Festivals Challenge too! 

No comments: